Thursday, March 31, 2011

Name of the Game

So I just want to explain myself and my purpose here a little more before we really get going into the realms of the Academy Awards;


  • I do not want to give a plot synopsis of the movies unless it's pertinent to something I'm discussing.  You can click on one of the tabs at the top of the blog, (under the blog title) and get a quick summary from IMDb or a different engine of your choice.
  • There most likely will be spoilers! So if you know you want to watch the movie, you probably shouldn't read the post.  Even though I won't be going into great detail on the actual plot, I will be describing my opinion of the movie overall and actors, which may involve specific scenes.
  • Comment away!  If you don't agree with me or had a completely different take on the movie I want to know!  I absolutely love discussing film and always want to hear different viewpoints.
  • I may not always stick to Best Picture Winners.  I also like watching films that have an award for Best Actor/Actress, Best Screenplay, etc.  so I may diverge from "The Challenge" if I see a movie that I really enjoy that may not have received much recognition from The Academy *coughthecolorpurplecough* 

That is all for now, until next time, happy viewing!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the movie, but The Color Purple was an INCREDIBLE book. Also only just found out last year that Oprah was the main character. Surprised me. :)

    ~LC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth be told, I haven't actually seen The Color Purple yet... but I've only heard great things about it, and I was very surprised when I heard a movie was brilliant even with Oprah in it :) haha I'll have to read the book and watch the movie!

    ReplyDelete